Residence permit for study purposes

If you wish to study in the Netherlands and if you are not from the EU / EEA / Switzerland, then you have to apply for a residence permit. It is important for you to be enrolled at a university or a university of applied sciences in the Netherlands and which is registered as a recognised sponsor. In addition, to cover the costs of your studies and residence in the Netherlands you need to have sufficient means available on an independent and long-term basis.

In order to maintain your residence permit it is important that you obtain at least 50% of the credits for each academic year.

If you have any questions about applying for a residence permit to be able to study in the Netherlands, please feel free to contact us. Ahladvocaten’s immigration specialists would be happy to help you with your move to the Netherlands.

Orientation year highly educated persons

If you have graduated in the Netherlands or will be graduating from a university or university of applied sciences and wish to continue your future in the Netherlands, then the residence permit for a job-seeking year is the ideal option for you! This option is also available if you have obtained your PhD in the Netherlands or have conducted scientific research here, and even if you have studied at / have obtained your PhD from one of the top 200 universities in the world.

This residence permit gives you the opportunity to take a maximum of one year to find employment in the Netherlands and work here, so that you can continue your residence in the Netherlands after your studies.

It is important that you apply for this residence permit on time. Ahladvocaten’s immigration attorneys would be happy to help you with your future in the Netherlands and are open to discussing the possibilities of the residence permit for a job-seeking year for highly educated persons with you. Please feel free to contact us.