Recognised sponsorship

Do you want to apply for a residence permit as a highly skilled migrant at the IND for a foreign employee? Please be aware that the employer has to be a recognised sponsor first.

Institutes for higher education also have to be recognised sponsors in order to be able to attract foreign students. Ahladvocaten’s immigration attorneys can help your company to apply for recognised sponsorship at the IND.

This recognition is valid indefinitely and makes the process of applying for residence permits much simpler and faster for employers, because no documents need to be presented to the IND. On the other hand the recognised sponsor does have three obligations to the IND (duty of care, obligation to provide information, and obligation to keep records).

The company has to comply to the conditions of being registered to the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KvK) and the continuity and solvency of the company being assured. Furthermore, the company should not have a record of fines from the Inspectorate SZW (Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment).

If these conditions are no longer met, the IND can suspend or revoke the recognised sponsorship. This can have negative consequences for a company, because it disallows foreign employees to work for this company. Ahladvocaten’s immigration attorneys can conduct legal proceedings against the suspension or revocation of recognised sponsorship on behalf of your company.

Recognised sponsorship is of fundamental importance to your company if you work with foreign employees (such as highly skilled migrants) a lot. Therefore, it is important to get advised by our immigration specialists of ahladvocaten in Utrecht. Contact us for a free of charge consultation.