Intra-company transfer

Should a foreign employee need to be transferred from a non-EU-based group of companies business to a branch located in the Netherlands, then ahladvocaten’s immigration specialists can help your group of companies with that. We can file an application for an intra-company transfer residence permit at the IND on your behalf.

Since the end of 2016 a new residence permit for intra-company transfer exists on grounds of Directive 2014/66/EU. This concerns executives, specialists, or trainees. Many conditions are attached to this residence permit, including the nature of the job and transfer, the duration of the transfer, the conditions of employment, and the nature of the group of companies. The main benefit of this residence permit is that no work permit (TWV) is required.

This residence permit can be granted for a maximum of 3 years (executives and specialists) or 1 year and expands the possibilities to temporarily work in another EU Member State while maintaining this residence permit.

As an employer or employee it is important to get good advice on this new immigration option. Ahladvocaten’s immigration attorneys can carefully explain it to you and assist you with the application for this particular residence permit. If you have any questions about this residence permit please contact us.