EU Blue Card

If you want to bring a foreign worker to the Netherlands but your company does not meet the conditions for the residence permit as a highly skilled migrant or the residence permit for intra-corporate transfer, then the EU Blue Card residence permit might be a good alternative.

This residence permit on grounds of Directive 2009/50/EC is the European equivalent of the national residence permit as highly skilled migrant. After all, it also applies to highly qualified foreign employees.

The advantage of this residence permit is that recognised sponsorship is not mandatory and it gives foreign employees more mobility within the EU. On the other hand there is a higher wage criterion of at least  € 5867 gross per month, making this residence permit less popular.

Ahladvocaten’s immigration attorneys are happy to advise your company about this residence permit since it has many European advantages. Of course we can apply for this residence permit at the IND on your behalf. If you would like more information, please contact us!