COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE AHLADVOCATEN
Article 1 definitions
In this complaints procedure, the following definitions apply:
– complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction from or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or the persons working under his responsibility about the creation and implementation of a contract for services, the quality of the service or the amount of the declaration, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Lawyers Act;
– plaintiff: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
– complaints officer: the lawyer charged with handling the complaint.
Article 2 scope of application
- This complaints procedure applies to every agreement for services between the lawyers of ahladvocaten and the client.
- Every lawyer of ahladvocaten is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the office complaints procedure.
Article 3 objectives
This office complaints procedure aims to:
- establishing a procedure to resolve complaints from clients within a reasonable period of time deal with constructively;
- establishing a procedure to determine the causes of client complaints;
- maintaining and improving existing relationships through good complaints handling;
- train employees to respond to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
- improving the quality of service through complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Article 4 information at the start of the service
- This office complaints procedure has been made public. Before entering into the contract for services, the lawyer points out to the client that the office applies an office complaints procedure and that this applies to the services provided.
- ahladvocaten has stated in the general terms and conditions to which independent party or body a complaint that has not been resolved after handling can be submitted in order to obtain a binding decision and has made this known in the order confirmation.
- Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this office complaints procedure that have not been dealt with after treatment resolved to be submitted to the court.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to
- P.G.M. Lodder, who thus acts as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer informs the person against whom the complaint has been lodged of the submission of the complaint and gives the complainant and the person against whom the complaint has been made the opportunity to explain the complaint.
- The person about whom the complaint has been made tries to find a solution together with the client, whether or not after the intervention of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will deal with the complaint within four weeks of receipt of the complaint or will inform the complainant, stating reasons, of any deviation from this term.
statement of the period within which a judgment on the complaint will be given.
- The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person about whom the complaint has been made in writing
of the opinion on the merits of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
- If the complaint has been satisfactorily resolved, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person against whom the complaint has been lodged will sign the opinion on the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 Confidentiality and free complaint handling
- The complaints officer and the person about whom the complaint has been made when handling the complaint observe secrecy.
- The complainant does not owe any compensation for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The person about whom the complaint has been made will keep the complaints officer informed about any contact and a possible solution.
- The complaints officer will keep the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps the complaint file up to date.
Article 8 complaint registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint with the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be divided into several subjects.
- The complaints officer periodically reports on the handling of complaints and makes recommendations to prevent new complaints and to improve procedures.
- At least once a year, the reports and recommendations are discussed at the office and submitted for decision-making.